There are seven energy centers or chakras in our body where nerve points meet. The third eye chakra, or ajna chakra in Sanskrit, is known as “the seat of intuition.”
Translated from Sanskrit, ajna means to “perceive beyond wisdom.” Located in the center of the forehead in the pineal gland, it acts as your center of wisdom, conscience, and higher consciousness.
The third eye allows for clear thought, spiritual contemplation, and self-reflection. It is the highest chakra in the physical body, allowing it to provide visionary perspective. The third eye also helps to determine one’s reality and beliefs based on what one chooses to see in the world.
The third eye, to understand from a spiritual perspective, is the agya chakra or third eye chakra. It is also called the pineal gland because the gland itself is actually shaped like a pinecone.
The Third Eye is connected to the body’s pituitary and hypothalamus glands. These hormones that are secreted from the pituitary gland help to control growth, blood pressure, energy management, all functions of the sex organs, thyroid glands and metabolism as well as some aspects of pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, water/salt concentration at the kidneys, temperature regulation and pain relief.
“The sixth doorway is the Doorway of Vision. This relates to seeing with the eyes of love and corresponds to the energy center located in the third eye area of our forehead. When this doorway is open, we’re more able to see life through love instead of differences.”
- Marci Shimoff
As we experience different things, our brain emits different types of brainwaves:
1. Beta waves are emitted when you experience sadness, loss, stress or anguish.
2. Alpha waves are emitted when we experience calmness, relaxation, and deep joy. Alpha waves have calmer vibrations and act as a sonar. Dolphins are known to possess a high level of alpha wave function in their brains and this helps them to navigate in the sea. Their sonar works similarly to the third eye giving them the proper intuitive sense to know where they are.
How can we experience third eye activation?
Meditation is one of the routes. But, we can also stimulate our third eye in other ways.
Whenever a person is extremely focused, and if they are doing their task with concentration, their third eye activates, specifically for that aspect of their life.
It also works in reverse.
If a person is meditating or doing other practices to activate their third eye, they are seen to experience increased focus and concentration in the tasks that they are dedicated to.
At Satsang House, we have a device called the Lucia Light No3 which is designed to activate your third eye chakra by stimulating your pineal gland through a series of carefully orchestrated lights. Once you begin to experience the Light and your third eye is activated, you begin to experience a kaleidoscope of colors, sacred geometry and colors you may have never seen before. Once the Lucia Light stimulates your third eye and sends you into an alpha brainwave state, your brain actually creates the most spectacular never before seen images you have ever seen. Learn more about the Lucia Light at Satsang House HERE.
Outcomes of third eye chakra activation
Alpha wave emissions lead to the mind becoming calmer and more focused. It doesn’t matter whether you are a student, businessman, artist, or a spiritual seeker, you can experience a positive change in your life with activities that lead to third eye activation. Some of those experiences include:
- Better attention span, which has vastly improved from before. Your attention to detail and focus also increases significantly.
- A feeling that your senses become very sharp, giving you a heightened awareness of what happens in your surroundings. The sense of sight, hearing, and taste are seen to become sharper.
- Initially, it is said that activating the third eye can sometimes cause irritability and anger issues. But this experience is similar to cleaning the carpet, where the accumulated dirt comes out all at once. Once these subside, you will find that you feel at peace and anger doesn’t affect you as it did before. Continuous experiences of third eye activation lead to a sense of deep calmness in the mind.
- One of the surest signs of third eye activation is the feeling of devotion. Usually, people say that devotion is an experience of the heart and focus is the ability of the brain. However, third eye activation leads to the experience of real devotion. It could be directed towards an art form, a subject, or a practice but usually, it is towards divinity.
Based on inputs from Ashutosh Chawla, Head, Jyotish and Vastu, Vaidic Dharma Sansthan.